Friday, December 01, 2006

23 months in 22 days

My little sweetheart is almost 2~! Wow, still in a single digit for another 7 years... I can honestly tell you it felt like yesterday we were propping him on the couch to open Christmas packages. Where has the time gone? My little one is getting taller and stronger. He has log legs and loves to play his new game. It consists of removing his socks and yelling out "Piggy toes".... It is adorable. I then grab his little sweet toes and snuggle and kiss them. He coos out of delight and happiness that he has Mommy all to himself. This morning me and his daddy did the "my baby" claim and hugged him... as he was between us. He just laughed in the cutest little way. He then proceeded to go to the pottie.

He goes on the pottie every morning. No. 1 and No. 2 and still waives bye-bye to the poopies. It is adorable. Even the sound of his little poopies to the pottie are such a big step of progress for him. He makes this little face in wonderment and waits for the praise. Who knew that the pottie topic could be so engulfing.... I can't wait until he can go without a pull-up. It will mean that he in onto the start of a new begging of toddler hood. Don't get me wrong, I love him as a baby. But, to know that he is strong enough and healthy enough to accomplish what a normal child does is a blessing within itself. Of course, everyone's version of normal is different----depending on the situation.....

As for strides, he likes to stack alike items and colors together and helps the teacher after class get the classroom in order. She likes to have him as her little helper. And he likes the Elmo books too at school. Likes to hear them play his music, etc. He is my little 'sweetie poo'... :0)

I don't think I've every loved anyone nearly as much as him. He makes my heart dance and makes life worth living. Everything that I have will go to him. His is our little legacy... The legacy of our lives and love. And we feel so blessed that we have our sweetie every day to hug and kiss. God is great! I am undeserving of such a blessing...but, honored that God saw that I needed a baby to love and hold and who could love me back. Yeaaaa~

Anyway, enough of the emotional junk... ;) We are getting ready for Christmas and my little 'drummer boy' wants us to put our tree up this weekend...so we will.. ANd he will get to play with the snowman, etc. That little wonder....

I am going to videotape him again as he experiences another Christmas.. a little older (and me just a little bit wiser) to his needs....

As for ups, he runs, he is talking more (Always saying if someone left.. "Mommy, where'd they go?" And loves to watch the trashmen. Runs outside if he hears the truck. My little lover boy!

Well, I must run now... Hugs to all!

I'll write soon.

p.s. - Still in 18-24 month clothes
Weighs about 30 lbs.
Loves to drink milk still from the "babba!"
Hmmm... loves gummie bears and steak
Ate seafood (king crab legs) for the first time and loved them

Gives some kisses and loves to say "No!!!!!"

Love, Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home