Friday, July 22, 2005

Life with a newborn @ 6 months (July 2005)

It's July 22nd and in about 4 days my son will be officially 6 months old. Wow, where did the time go? We went from a sleeping, eating machine to a baby that now can answer to his own name and grab my hair! It's been a wonderful journey so far. But, I have to admit, it's quite hard balancing work and baby at the same time. Even though, I put him into a great school, the hugs and kisses and time with him just isn't enough. I guess you could ask yourself "Am I doing the right thing leaving him somewhere all day?" And I have to answer, "It is the best thing for now." Maybe in the future I may change my mind. But, for now it is quality over quantity..that is just the way it has to be. His caretaker (one of them anyway) is quite lovely. I think he has won her heart about just as much as mine. I know you are thinking, yea right. But, it's true, she too makes him laugh and hugs him a lot from what I can tell. However, he still knows it's Mommy that will take him home and love on him and make it all safe. He shows me this repeatedly when he is wary of someone holding him. He looks at me with big eyes for confirmation that he will be okay. I usually give it if I know the person..which is usually the case. We are going to another state in about a week to meet "Nonnie".. a loving nickname for my husband's mother. She is quite frail...I think somewhere around the age of 74. She has emphasema, and I think she is waiting to meet my little chubby faced 6 month old. He too will steel her heart with that gummy smile and loving heart. I am nervous for the two to meet. The old meets the young. Will the old realize just how old they are when you hold the future literally in your arms? Will she be okay or overwhelmed with emotion when she hugs her youngest's child? Will she look at him and realize that she won't see him grow up? Geez, that will be a heartbreaking moment. One, that I wish that I could take away from her and fill her with happy thoughts and fairydust that would make her eyes twinkle. We'll have to see how that goes. You know, usually the young wins....in the end...they usually do. I must sign off for now, have to get back to it. Hugs, to all that made it this far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home