Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Kawklick Milk, please"

Today is the 18th day of July (2007). I know, a strange title, for an entry. But, if we could spell chocolate milk the way my young one says it, it would be exactly as titled. He is my little lover of "kawklick milk." Whenever he is tired or wants to take the easy way out of eating, he drinks the stuff. He is addicted and passionate to have both his kawklick milk and blue pillow with him in just about any room in the house. Oh, to be 2.5 years old and need just the basics--a pillow to rest his head and kawklick milk to ease the soul...that would be the life! However, we grow and end up needing so much more. Does society demand that the milk, pillow comes with a house, car and stuff to go into the house? Or is it our expectations of what the perfect American life would consist of? Not sure. I think we are trained to have wants and needs based on comfort. Of course, there are those who get what they want and then much more. I think we are somewhere in between. As the song says, "We don't always g--et what we waaant... but if you try sometimes, you get what you need!" So, if that is true. We are doing good. Anyway, enough of my theories and rants. As for my little sweetie, he is still young in so many ways. Still likes to be tickled and sung to. He craves it! I think it's because we do whatever we can to please him and in the end it is us who are pleased by his giggles and smiles. I guess it's a little selfish on both ends. But, relationships are just that. One the one hand, we want to make the people that we love smile and laugh, and the other...we want to share in their pleasure. It's kind sort of like a big ole love circle. As I told my sweetie, you are my "Alpha and my Omega." He fulfills my desire to nurture a baby and at the same time, he put an end to my heart's suffering to hold a child. So, it is true..he is both! I don't think that I am any one's alpha and omega... or maybe I am and I just don't know it.. ;) One can only hope...

As for successes, he has a great memory. We work on this and have fine tuned it. I always ask him where he put stuff and what and whom we did on weekends. This helps with his memory. As he gets ready for school in 3 years, he will need this tool. Wow, 3 years? My little guy embarking on his new beginning... How in the heck do parents do it? What was it like for my mom who walked 5 children at various times in their lives to Kindergarten? I bet it was hard... I still remember my shoes. They were black patten leather. I loved those shoes and slept with them my first day.... Silly..huh? I want my son to have great memories of his first(s), as well...

He now jumps off the side of the tub into the "pool." For him, it is. He loves the bath and cries if it's time to get out. Anything to stall..that's his routine.... As he knows, after bath time it's bedtime.... So, we play just a bit more. He always tells me, "Mommy, I want to play for just a little bit." In a very sweet soft voice. So, he gets the "little bit" and I succumb to his need. That little doll.... If we only had a little bit left of everything... Life would be good..

He also is very independent. Can now put his shoes on and does everything himself. Can even go pottie standing up. There are two things we call the pottie, ("nuggets" and "real deal")... He is so cute when he discovers which one he did. It is our secret language. I'm sure all mothers have some special language that no body else knows. It's sort of like we are all speaking different love languages with our children. My little sweetheart.... He's all mine. And God made him just for me.

Size: 3T to 4T
Weight: 34 lbs
Height: Tall.. About 3 ft at least
Lost first tooth a few months ago. Not sure why it had to be pulled...

Well, I must go. I will journal later. Little one, not a minute goes by that I don't think about you and want to hold you and just watch your eyebrows grow... I love you more than life itself! Hang in there sweetheart, we will grow together.....

Love, Mommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home